HCG Diet - Phase 1: Load
Phase 1 is, by far, the easiest and most fun part of this diet! For two days we get to “load up” on fatty foods – guilt free!
- If we are coming off of another diet, we don't feel like we are living a life of constant deprivation.
- If we were planning to “binge” before the diet anyway, this phase helps us by making sure we have the HCG in our systems first and it makes sure we focus on fats instead of sugars.
- Anything we gain during these first two days is going to be lost in the next two – so no need for the guilt.
An added bonus - You may find that as you reach the end of this phase, you’re actually tired of eating! I didn’t think I would, but it happened.
HCG Diet Phase 1 Specifics
- Begin taking Pharmaceutical grade hCG hormone
- Two Days of eating fatty foods
- You can still eat normal foods, just up your fats.
- Eat Fat
- Eat Healthy Fats
- Think real food
- Go out to eat
- Buy small quantities
- Have fun with this Phase
- Overeat Sugars
- Eat Hydrogenated Oils
- Just load up on junk
- Buy out the store – you don't want it in the house for Phase 2
- Stress over it
Tips, Tricks & Techniques
Okay, let's keep it real here – you don't really need a lot of “tips” for how to load up on fatty foods. This is the easy part. However, some may need help coming up with delicious, healthy fat options. So, this is for you:
- Olive/Flax oil salad dressings
- Garlic Butter sautéed veggies
- Garlic Butter sautéed veggies Olive oil/Balsamic vinegar dip for bread
- Real whipped cream (no hydrogenated “whipped topping”)
- Egg yolk based sauces and desserts
- Hollandaise Sauce
Dessert - It's better to do a full fat ice cream, during this phase, instead of cake (where most of the calories are from sugars).
Also, as mentioned in the “Do's and Don'ts”, remember that this is only two days – don't go on a shopping spree and buy everything you've ever wanted to eat. Now is a great time to go out to eat and out for ice cream. When you buy something, purchase enough for one meal. It's so easy to over-buy for this phase, and then what do you do with it?