I love the natural, clean, fresh look of little to no makeup, but I also love beautiful black eyelashes framing the eye. To get both, I use eyelash tinting. You see, the tips of my eyelashes get bleached in the sun, leaving me with the look of spars, short eyelashes. Though using an eyelash curler on my bare lashes helps give my eyes a more open look, they still need a little help. This is where eyelash tinting comes in.
What Is Eyelash Tinting?
Eyelash tinting, or eyelash dye, is similar to hair dye only it's specifically designed for your eyelashes. It won't make your lashes longer or thicker; it will simply make them darker, which makes them more visible without the use of mascara. It's a great mascara alternative, which can be especially helpful if you have sensitive eyes or tend to have an allergic reaction to mascara.
Pros & Cons of Eyelash Tinting:
Benefits of Eyelash Tinting
- Lasts 4-8 weeks
- No mascara needed
- Natural, no makeup look, while still having bolder lashes
- Saves time
- Saves money (when done at home)
- Less irritation to eyes
- Less irritation to skin around eyes from regular use of eye makeup and removers
Dangers of Eyelash Tinting
- Irritation to eye, if you get it in your eye
Eyelash Tinting: Professional or At-Home Kit?
View our page on the pros and cons of Professional vs. at-Home Treatments
Professional Eyelash Tinting
- Performed in spas and some salons
- Professionals often won't tint lower lashes
- Cost of professional eyelash tinting ranges from $ - $ for one treatment
- Multiple treatments in one kit
At-Home Eyelash Tinting Kit
For details, instructions and tips for DIY eyelash tinting with an eyelash dye kit, see the post How To Do Eyelash Tinting At Home: Using an Eyelash Dye Kit.