- Date: 30-Apr-2015
- By: Natasha Renée Hayes
- Comments: 3
How To Do Skin Treatments with Banana Peel
Banana peels can be used form many different types of skin treatments:
- Age spots
- Bug bites
- Bee stings
I was recently in a foreign country when I got a skin rash. None of the classic western medicines were available to me. The few skin creams that I was able to get to soothe the itchy, irritated skin didn't help at all. Desperate for relief, I started looking online for a natural remedy - something that I could buy at a local grocery store. That's when I came across different uses for banana peels as a skin treatment. I used it and it became my lifeline. It was amazing how quickly and effectively it worked. Here's how to do it.
How To Use Banana Peel For Skin Treatment
- Peel the banana (Plantains can also work).
- Place the inside of the banana peel against the affected area of your skin (as if your skin were the fruit).
- Either leave in place, or gently rub depending on the area needing to be covered.
- Leave on for as long as you can stand it (at least 20 minutes).
- Rinse with cold water.
As my rash covered a large area of skin, I rubbed the banana peel on my skin. It leaves a bit of a residue on the skin, but this is really helpful. I found that as long as the residue was there, the itching wasn't. For the worst areas, I wrapped the used banana peel and left it against the skin. A lovely side benefit - my skin was really soft after using the banana peel.
Tips for using Banana Peels on Skin
- Use organic bananas as commercial varieties are grown with a lot of chemicals.
- Always test the banana peel on a small portion of the skin or rash. Everyone's skin is different and rashes can react differently.
- When I used the banana peel on my face, it became flushed. It didn't irritate the skin; it just brought a lot of blood flow to the area. I was a little concerned at first, but it worked wonderfully there as well.
- When using on a bite or bee sting, you can simply cut a small portion of the peel and bandage it onto the bite or bee sting and leave it in place.
- It can be left on overnight (once you have tested it on the skin and resulted in no irritation).
Personal Experiences with Natural Treatments?
Well, I've shared my sanity saving experience with the benefits of banana peels on a skin rash. Have any of you used banana peels for a skin treatment? What about other natural remedies that you could share with us?